Road trip!

Last weekend Katie and I flew back to Louisville to pick up the vue. It was a great time to be back with friends again. Below are some pictures from the weekend and our 3-day drive back to California again.

In other news, I've decided to get reading finally while I'm here. First on the list is a collection of Jonathan Edwards sermons in a book entitled, The Salvation of Souls. The first sermon was on how the removal of Godly men from committed bodies signifies God's pending wrath and/or judgment. It was really good, though I'm still not totally sure how I felt about it. There was an encouraging quote towards the end that I wanted to share however...
"You that are young, be careful that you not be the reproach of your generations. Others are going off, and you, those of you that are to live (for it is not profitable that all of you are to live till you are past your youth), I say you that are to live are coming on endeavors to make good the ground of those that have gone before, that you may not have a hand in ruining the town. There are some men [who], instead of being public blessings, are public nuisances. Ecclesiastes 9:18, 'One sinner destroyeth much [good].' They cumber the ground. Instead of being useful members in society, they are like cancer in the body. Take heed that it be not so with you."
-Jonathan Edwards, while preaching "The Death of Faithful Ministers a Sign of God's Displeasure"







1 comments:

Jason Coobs said...
11:54 PM

Dude, I never got back to you on a reading list. If there is one book that I would recommend and think that all dudes should read. It's called Manly Dominion by Mark Chanski. It is a Phenomenal book! I bought this book for five of my friends because I thought it was such a good book. It was recommended by a friend who said Dr. Moore recommended it to him! Check it out!