What good are windows if you can't drive?

Oh the joys of owning a car... I think it would be appropriate to talk about cars for a second here. My sister and I have been left in charge of a 2005 saturn vue by our loving parents while we are here in college. Unfortunately, not too long ago the fuse for the power windows went out. Now, maybe I should've just brought it straight to the dealer but, I'm in college! EVERY guy at least claims to know something about cars so I grabbed two that I trusted and we took a look (considering I know just about as much about cars as I do the street system here in Louisville - none). The fuse was located and soon we had come back to my car with a replacement fuse and after replacing said fuse I merely turned on the electrics of the car and POOF! Power windows are once again...powered! 30 minutes later I return to my lovely vue for a trip to the bank. Oh no...the car won't start! 2 hours later we are still not positive what the problem is. We know it isn't the battery because it turns but the engine doesn't catch. So tomorrow I will investigate our warranty and a possible tow and pray with my limited funds we can bring my car back to life.

Could life get any better? Yes, yes it can. 2 weeks from now I will be smack dab in the middle of finals. Which makes the week I am in now the busiest week of the semester for myself. BUT, it has been a good thing. :) Despite the workload (yes, its 4:30AM) my reading has been very beneficial. Especially my worldviews reading. I've never been very fond of philosophy, but this class has changed my perspective and I realize my bias view of philosophy being an irrelevant waste of time and thought is clearly in the VERY wrong. So, philosophy is cool. Why? I'm too tired to give you a philosophical answer. More to come...

Some of you know I am in the worship band here at Boyce as the resident percussionist. We've been asked to come lead in a chapel service at Fort Knox this coming Sunday and I will be sharing my testimony. Please pray for grace in words and in my playing. This is pretty big deal. We will be leaving at 6:30 am and getting back hopefully around 4pm that evening. After that will begind my prep week for finals. Praise God only 2 classes have actual exams. The other two are a group project and essay question. It's amazing how fast school has gone but its been great! I'm praying about what to do over break. I will most likely be down here until the 2nd week of December before heading back to Cali for Christmas and then hopefully coming back!

Thats all for now... be mindful of your power windows.

0 comments: