ROAD TRIP!!!

Well... we are on our way... and here is some of how the trip has been so far...

Day 1 (mon)

So we got a new Saturn vue! The webb van has been traded in and a 2005 saturn vue has been purchased for the webb family and I get to drive it. Beeeeeaaaaaaaauuuuuutiful.

Anywho…we left the greater Chicago-land area around 1pm (no thanks to my lazy-bum self) and arrived outside Kansas city at grandma’s about 10pm and stayed up til 1230 (not a good idea). No fun stories to report. Only some good quotes and little highlights, so, here you go…

“If you’re frustrated that they don’t allow laptops on the ferris wheel you may be a workaholic.” (this made me think of my dad…haha)

Avg. speed: 80mph (meh…)

Windows: Up.

Naptime: 30 min(ish)

Best CD played: Minutes to Midnight, Linkin Park


Day 2 (Thurs)


From Kansas city to Dalhart Texas!!! We made it quickly through the DJ capital of America…Witchi-TA! Haha…I love you tim. Then we drove through liberal Kansas and I declared that I was from conservative Illinois. (haha not. But yeah….really) Here we passed Dorothy’s house and La Fonda’s motel on pancake ave. (you think I’m kidding)… it was also here that I saw a sign and all it said was air museum w/ an arrow pointing in some direction. In all honesty I thought the display for that day might be oxygen. We also ate at an Applebee’s in Oklahoma and because it was there it might as well have been a Texas Road House w/ an apple on the front. No joke.

On a more serious note…the scenic highway in eastern Kansas is BEAUTIFUL! Oh my gosh! So many hills and turns and…fun. :) I’m coming back with my band in 5 years to write an album.

I don’t think we almost died…although we didn’t see the sign for our next turn so we went from 100mph to 5mph in about 5 seconds. Because of the hills though driving was awesome. Never really tiresome or boring. At least for me…maybe not Katie. Here comes tomorrow!

Avg. speed: really fast J

Windows: DOWN (hair up!)

Naptime: none

Best CD: Passion 07

Tumbleweeds seen: 8ish

Bugs killed: 1,297

0 comments: