Snow, Sweet Tea, and Santa the Stud

Soon after realized I had left the land of sweet tea, I caught myself singing a familiar Christmas song while walking around the local Albertson's. Perhaps it was the lack of sweet tea that had resulted in a memory lapse, but regardless, I found myself singing... "she's making a list, and checking it twice...". Of course I immediately burst into laughter (and I think a few shoppers realized I wasn't exactly a native to California). It reminded me of a clip I saw on the news of one of america's "top doctors" (quotalized for a reason...yes i made that word up) suggesting that Santa needs to lose weight to encourage kids to be healthy. So, not only do I think the idea of a female Santa is ridiculous, a slender, clean shaven, George Clooney resembling Santa is also right out. The point I'm making is not that Santa is what Christmas is about...trust me, all he does is make businesses profit. Christ is what its about, and unfortunately in some instances he is seen the same as Santa. The point is... WHO CARES!!! haha, its SANTA!

Changing subjects... I flew out of Louisville yesterday afternoon with a sweater on and it was pretty warm outside. I went through Chicago and was there for about 2 hours and I got to see snow! And HOLY COW was it cold! :) I loved it. It was so sad to leave the airport, even the air felt like home. But then, I arrived in L.A. and yea, even the runway workers had shorts and t-shirts on. Not that I don't mind the warmth. It is grand. :) And also the 55mph speed limits. Mmmm... merry Christmas. :)

On a much, much, MUCH, more serious note... I had an awesome talk with a friend of mine who picked me up from the airport. He's a guy I met over the summer and only briefly was able to get to know. Anyway, one of the biggest things I got from our conversation was a thought he shared with me from a preacher he had heard on disc. The thought was... could we live our lives for God and His glory alone, sacrificing all we are for His sake, IF we knew that our destination would still be hell? Yea, take a minute for that to sink in. It's taken me a day and I still haven't totally grasped it.

More to come...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
5:58 PM

Dan,

I am ready for you to get back to the land of Sweet Tea!

Matt