Its finally here...






Well, I'm sitting in LAX waiting for my flight to leave for Midway in about 50 minutes. A lot has happened since my last post and I don't think I can go into everything so I'll just go over some small things.

While I was in Cali I met a group of students (mostly students, anyway...) through Dan Powell who met every week to play ultimate. Not only was this a great way to keep me off my lazy bum but God used those times to encourage and prepare me for the project in Czech and the upcoming school year. So, for anyone who was part of that group and reads that -- thank you for your encouragement and time even though I was only here a short while!

This past Thursday Katie, David and I drove up to San Fransisco for a family reunion of sorts. My Grandma (dads mom) turned 80 this week! One of my uncles has a church up there and his oldest son is the worship pastor. Dad was able to sing for the services, and I was able to play drums w/ the worship team which was an awesome experience! And of course, fun. :) I rocked out...haha! Below are a few pics and maybe a video from the weekend.

Once I returned to LA I had a ton of packing to do and pushed my flight to Chicago back a day so I could spend it with my family before leaving because mom has spent a good amount of time in the hospital lately doing tests etc. I soon realized I didn't know where my passport was! This sucked - hands down - not cool. Long story short, I ran downtown to get a copy of my birth certificate so I could apply for a passport in person in Chicago later this week and then at about midnight last night dad told me about a box that never made it to my room when we moved and it was in there! Praise God...again!

So here I am...at LAX. I will be back in the burbs for just a few days. The czech team leaves Sunday afternoon and I'll be gone for almost 3 weeks then straight back to school! I'll update again before we go.

Blessings...

0 comments: